Puchasing Machu Picchu Tickets Online
Machu Picchu tickets can be purchased online at the site managed
by the Regional Directorate for Culture, http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe.
The site is a bit cumbersome to navigate. It is in spanish and provides
an option to translate to english by clicking the Union Jack flag at
the top right hand corner. The translation however, is less than consistent
with a resulting mixture of spanish and english. The following instructions
provide some guidance on how to navigate.
The telephone number for the helpdesk is 51- 084236061 and the email is firstname.lastname@example.org. They are open from 08:00am to 10:00pm seven days per week.
|Easy as 1 2 3... Do It Yourself
Note: A Verified by Visa card is required.
* Select MACHUPICCHU from the 1st drop down menu "Lugar a Visitar (Place to Visit)". There are three options provided.
* The second drop down menu "Seleccione "la Ruta (Select the Route)" provides a list of various ticket types. Select the appropriate one based on your requirements.
The options are:
Standard Entry into the Machu Picchu Ruins
- Machupicchu - Museo
Machu Picchu plus the Machu Picchu museum
- Machupicchu - Huaynapicchu 1G 7:00 - 08:00am
Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, first group to climb 7-8am
- Machupicchu - Huaynapicchu 2G 10:00 - 11:00am
Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, second group to climb 10-11am
- Machupicchu - Machupicchu Montana 7:00 - 11:00am
Machu Picchu Ruins and hiking Machu Picchu Mountain
Note: The number of available tickets are shown in box in the upper left corner of the middle section (white letters on a black background).
* Select the number of tickets by clicking on the number in the quantity field in the "Foreign Category" of the middlle section. The total price will adjust.
* Click Step 2.
* Fill in your personal details including First Name, Last Name, Sex, Country, Age, Type of ID and example a Passport (labeled PASAPOTE) its Document Number.
Note: The country selections in the drop down menu has a mixture of english and spanish. Note the following translation:
Estados Unidos = United States
Holanda - Netherlands
Irlanda = Ireland
Suecia = Sweden
Suiza = Switzerland
* Close the windows and click on the PAGOS tab near the top of the page. The fine print in the reservation form says that the reservation expires in 6 hours if it's not paid in person or on the Internet. Make sure pop-ups are allowed in your browser. Enter your reservation number and click on PAY. The new window will let you put in your credit card information. A Verified by Visa card is required.
* Once you've paid, go back to the main page and click on the CHECK-IN tab. Enter your reservation code to search for it, then click on IMPRIMIR TICKET to print your tickets. If your payment hasn't been processed, you will just get the reservation form again, otherwise it will say that it's paid (“pagado”) in the upper right corner. After a while when you go back and try this step again, you will see the actual tickets. You can save this as a PDF or print